Monday, 30 June 2014

MMM14: 26th-31st... ish

In  a way the exam period is kind of fun. It's not exactly rainbows and unicorns, but there is a strange sort or satisfaction that comes from ticking off every exam as it comes and  knowing that for  90 minutes everyday your only job is splurging as much information from your head onto paper. It's immensely stressful but  strangely relieving as you know that you've gone past the point of no return and you just have to get on with it. You live for the knowledge that someday soon you will wake up without a stack of flashcards and a mark-scheme by your head but secretly you worry that there is no life after exams and that timed essays and AQA specifications have become the be all and end all of your life. It's a scary thought. Sadly for me the even scarier thought is that now exams are over I have been thrust right back into my usual nine-'til-five (okay maybe not quite five) college routine. Not exactly the obligation-free bliss I was hoping for. The sudden change of pace has left me jet-lagged (as if exams and lessons were in two different time zones...?) but I managed to dig up the last week of my Me-Made-May photos to complete the set. I can honestly say i don't remember anything about these days but the pictures will suffice.

Mon. 26th:
Top: Me-made Plantain (Unblogged)
Dress: Me-made Salme Silvia (To be blogged)
Knee socks: H&M
Pumps: New Look
A day of two parties/get-togethers/ requires a Dorothy inspired outfit. Be warned this is not the last you will see of this dress, I just need to find a suitable Toto for picture taking purposes...


Tues. 27th:
Top: Me-made plantain
Skirt: American Apparel (veeeery old)
There are six pieces of tea making paraphernalia in this picture. Can you spot them all?

Wed. 28th:
Top: Me-made knit Archer (With newly added iridescent grey buttons)
Skirt: Me-made gathered skirt (unblogged)
Messy kitchen: Model's own


Thurs. 29th:
Top: Me-made Plantain (Unblogged)
Skirt: Me-made gathered skirt
This outfit's kind of plain but I really like the directional stripes- they make it more playful. Plus grey is definitely up there as one of my favourite colours.


Now here's the sad news; I lost days 29 and 30. I did wear Me-made clothes and I even took photos (Scouts' honour!) but in the month between taking the pictures and posting them they disappeared into the depths of my laptop and never emerged. It's a shame because other that that my first Me-made-May was an unbridled success. I generally wear some form of Me-made clothes every day but it was interesting to try new combinations to keep things interesting, as well as battling the insane weather! Lately I've been leaning more towards fully me-made outfits (not including knitwear, underwear etc.) but that's mainly because my ever expanding wardrobe is a lot more vast than it was at the beginning of May (plus warm weather means less clothing required)

No comments:

Post a Comment